Our Social Responsibility
Encouraging development of our employees through training and contributing to pragmatic community programs
Efficient community programs & local initiatives...
In 2008, BIC’s contributions surpassed more than 0.5% of pre-tax profits towards its communities, in the form of local or global product donations and financial aid for philanthropic organizations. BIC also encourages employee involvement in communities.
- The BIC South Africa clinic contributes to the fight against HIV and AIDS. Employees are offered education, voluntary testing, and treatment and care.
- BIC donates pens and shavers to French association, Dons Solidaires who coordinates the distribution of product donations to various charities.
- Each person who buys a BIC® surfboard can get a free membership with Surfrider Foundation Europe, an association for the protection of oceans and beaches.
- 58% of BIC employees worldwide provided financial support for mangrove reforestation in Indonesia (organized by Planète Urgence). BIC doubled the employee donation.
- At Clean Conscience in Brazil, BIC employees give their time to raise awareness about the environment and clean up riverbanks in Manaus.
- BIC doubled employee donations to United Way, a coalition of charitable organizations for community assistance.